Visitations are conducted Sunday – Thursday from 08:00 to 16:00 hours. Scheduling can be done by clicking the link above and registering for an account. No cell phones or other posted contraband allowed at any times in the facility or on the grounds. Visits are 20 minutes long and are done using CCTV. All visits are monitored and recorded.
Hardin County Detention Center will use a new “Video Visitation” system for all visits with inmates (in the main jail) beginning August 19.
Q: How does the new video visitation system work?
A: INMATES will visit with friends and family from a video visitation terminal in their housing unit.
VISITORS will use a similar video visitation terminal in the jail’s visitation area.
These are called ONSITE visits.
Video Visitation still allows visits to take place at the Hardin County Detention Center; however, it also allows a “REMOTE” visit where VISITORS can schedule a visit with an inmate from the comfort of their own home. All they need is a computer/laptop, high speed internet connection and a webcam.
Q: How often can I visit inmates?
A: Each inmate is allowed two – 20 minute ONSITE visits per week at the jail.
If visiting remotely, friends and family can schedule unlimited visits with an inmate.
Q: Do I need to visit with an inmate at a certain time?
A: Friends and family may schedule ONSITE and REMOTE visits with inmates for any of these times:
- 8:30 am – 10:30 am
- 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm
No visitation on Friday
All ONSITE visits must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Visits can be scheduled:
- Using a video terminal in the public visitation area
- Visiting www.visitfromhome.net , then click on “Schedule an Onsite Visitation” at the bottom of the page and follow the steps listed
When you schedule your visit, be sure to write down the following items:
- The date and time of your visit
- The six digit PIN number - you will enter this at the time of your visit
- The video terminal you are assigned
Q: Is there a charge for video visitation?
A: Each inmate will continue to receive two free 20 minute ONSITE visits weekly.
Standard pricing for a REMOTE visit is $12.99.
Introductory promotional pricing of $5.00 for a 20 minute visit will be offered until February 19th, 2016.
Q: What do I need to do to visit from home?
A: If you have a home computer/laptop, high speed internet access and a webcam, you can conduct visits from home. You will need to do the following:
- Create a visitation account at www.visitfromhome.net
- Once you are approved to be an at-home visitor, you can then schedule at-home visits.
- You will be required to pay for your visitation session at the time you schedule the session.
RC Building Visitation (Work Program)
Restricted Custody building contact visits are currently suspended.
Walk in window visitation is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Sunday 1800 to 2100 no appointment needed.
Contact visitation by appointment only Saturday 0800 to 1400
East Housing (Female Sap Program)
Walk in window visitation is Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 1800 to 2100 no appointment needed.
To setup visitation call 270-737-4620. Appointment line is open Thursday only from 0800 to 1600.
ORII Building (Male Sap Program)
Appointments and scheduling information for the Mens Substance Abuse program can be obtained by calling 270-769-0329. This number is for the ORII Male SAP Inmates ONLY.
Due to required scheduled substance abuse program classes, curriculum and activities, only available visits for the male substance abuse program are:
- Remote visitations for the male substance abuse program may be set up for Sundays only.
- Thursdays weekly window visits must be reserved on Tuesdays. Reservation calls taken from 8 to 11a.m., 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Phone number 270.769.0329
- Saturdays window visits must be reserved on Thursdays. Reservation calls taken from 8 to 11a.m., 1 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Phone number 270.769.0329